1. Children thrive in a nurturing and supportive environment. We will honor every child and put the needs of children first in everything we do.
2. To be successful, children need a broad set of skills that includes a core academic foundation, higher-‐order thinking, and character education.
3. Children learn best when deeply engaged in authentic learning experiences.
4. We serve children with a variety of different learning styles and will help each of them reach her or his full potential.
5. Students, teachers and staff do their best work within a culture of mutual respect, personal responsibility, and kindness.
1. DEVELOP CREATIVE, PASSIONATE LEARNERS.
a) Demonstrate continual growth toward high‐level mastery of foundational skills.
b) Learn in an environment where project-based learning and differentiation are key instructional approaches within an integrated curriculum.
c) Engage deeply in real-‐world learning experiences that develop higher-‐order thinking skills.
2. NURTURE CONNECTED, CONTRIBUTING GLOBAL CITIZENS.
a) Develop personal responsibility, self-awareness and individual voice.
b) Engage in learning experiences that promote perseverance, risk-taking and resiliency.
c) Contribute to a shared purpose within the classroom, school and larger community.
d) Respect other cultures and points of view.
3. COMMIT TO TRANSFORMATIVE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT.
The District will:
a) Invest in training the entire staff in common core standards and project-based learning.
b) Foster a culture of sharing and collaboration that supports individual and organizational growth.
c) Develop a long‐range systemic professional development plan for continuous growth.
4. FOSTER A RESPECTFUL AND COLLABORATIVE CULTURE.
Our staff, parents and larger community will:
a) Embrace and model shared expectations.
b) Engage in informed, transparent decision‐making.
c) Ensure proactive communication.