Digital Citizenship Overview and Resources
PVSD is committed to teaching students safe and responsible use of the digital world. As we prepare our students for 21st Century college and careers, effective online communication, collaboration, and research will be essential for success. Furthermore, PVSD receives E-Rate funds to discount telecommunication costs. In order to stay compliant with this and the Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA) the district must integrate digital citizenship into the core instructional programs. Below are some of the resources the district uses and ways in which parents and families can support their children's digital presence. You can review PVSD's technology page to learn about other actions the district puts into place to ensure the safe and appropriate use of technology.
The district uses Common Sense Media's Scope and Sequence as a framework for curriculum implementation.
- PVSD K-8 Scope and Sequence (use the grade-level tabs to browse grade span lessons)
- Common Sense Media - Go to site for resources, ratings, FAQs, etc.
- Common Sense Media Connecting Familes
- Nine Elements of Digital Citizenship - Discuss these with your children
- Family Online Safety Institute
- Top 10 Social Networks & Apps your Kids Use
- Cyberbullying Resources from national Crime Prevention Council
- Stop cyberbullying parent resources
- Parent Tip sheets/resources from Common Sense Media via Kentridge HS
- Raising Digital Citizens
- 10 Tips for Digital Citizens' Parents
- Nine Ways to Set Limits on Screentime
- Technology Addiction: Concern, Controversy, and Finding Balance - from Common Sense Media